Tuesday, 19 January 2010

The Novice Bride - Reviews

(Blog file update)

'Historical romance at its mesmerizing best!'
- CataRomance.com

‘The tale that plays out in The Novice Bride is an utterly engaging one, and the author’s skill is so great that she effortlessly weaves the backdrop and central story together in such a way that the reader becomes enveloped in her historical world. I really didn’t want the story to end…In Cecily, the author has crafted a lovely and lovable heroine whose innocence and inherent goodness are her defining qualities…I defy anyone who reads this not to fall in love with her from the start. Carol Townend really puts across a feeling of what it was like to live in these harsh, violent times…it’s my favourite historical romance yet!’
- pinkheartsocietyreviews.blogspot.com

‘This is an exciting tale of the reality of conquest. We often hear about the Battle of Hastings and Harold’s death, but little is said of the period immediately following that time. This book brings reality to the story of a conquered people, their hopes, fears and rebellions, sometimes small, sometimes larger. I very much enjoyed this tender love story and look forward to reading more from an excellent writer. I award five roses.’
- REDROSESFORAUTHORS/Reviews

Romance Reader at Heart awarded The Novice Bride 4 roses

Coffee Time Romance awarded The Novice Bride 4 cups

Read the review from Historical Romance Writers:
historicalromancewriters.com

The Novice Bride

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Hi! I just wanted to tell you, that I saw one of your recent book covers on Facebook, on the Harlequin Historical Books, site, and went looking. When I discovered that you had backlisted books on Amazon Kindle, I jumped in head first. You hooked me with the setting of the Norman Invasion and reeled me in with the idea that she's married soon into the book! I'm going to dive in totally tonight!

Carol Townend said...

Hi Kristi,
Thanks for searching it out! I hope you like it. The Wessex Weddings series was partly inspired by the town of Winchester (one of my favourite places) and I loved writing it.
Best wishes
Carol