Saturday, 9 January 2010

Alien Masquerading as a Tree...

Here is an alien masquerading as a tree.   It has found its way to Kew from Annie Burrows' website.    You can read the full story of Annie's alien invasion here: http://annie-burrows.co.uk/News.aspx



The second picture is of the lake in Kew Gardens, frozen over.    From which you may guess I was given a camera for Christmas, these are my first pictures.   I stopped taking photos years ago, for two reasons.   The first was that when taking a picture of a peacock on my honeymoon, I managed to cut its head off.  My lovely husband has never let me forget this.  The second reason is that my brother is a photographer.  Intimidated?  Me?  



When I have finished the WIP I can see I shall have lots of fun (!?) learning all the features of the new camera.  But at least I have made a start.

2 comments:

annie burrows said...

Carol, BEWARE!
that snowman may be smiling cheerfully, but it's only because he is planning world domination. They already have almost total control of Warrington...looks like Kew is next on their list.
(!)

Carol Townend said...

Thanks, Annie,
We in Kew are warned, and shall be on the look out for further infiltration...