Saturday, 8 August 2009

Wrapt Writer...

Here to prove dedication to duty is a photo taken while I was doing revisions of the last ms. The outside of the house was being painted and so much dust was coming into the room that the computer had to be covered in plastic sheeting to protect it. The only way to get the job done was to crawl under the sheeting. Unfortunately it was very hot outside, and what with the heat generated by the computer under the sheeting, it wasn't a method that worked for long. Never mind worrying about the computer exploding or whatever computers do when they are overheating. I say nothing of overheated writers.

4 comments:

Susan Rix said...

Carol, I'm LOVING your determination! Great photo - thanks for making me smile. :-)

Love, Sue xx

Carol Townend said...

Sue, it was BOILING under there!

Kate Hardy said...

Carol, hats off to you! I can imagine how hot and horrible that was.

Though it's one way of showing how wrapped up an author can get in her work...

(Sorry, that was a terrible pun. My bad habit!!)

Alison said...

Oh so funny! Mind you, I'd have probably done the same just to get to my computer.