Monday, 4 May 2009

Guilt & Blogging...

A deadline...

I am a little behind on the deadline for my WIP which is one reason I haven't been posting, despite my resolutions to the contrary. And I have to admit to some reservations about blogging. Blogging seems to emerge from one state of mind, the novels another. Some people seem to find it easy to switch from one state to the other. Not me. Perhaps I will get better at this switching, I hope so!
Here is another resolution - this one is for Ann. I really, really will post that Hemingway article, once the WIP is on its way to my editor!

3 comments:

kate tremayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kate tremayne said...

I agree with you about guilt and blogging but WIP must comes first. Often I find keeping my headstrong Loveday family in line drains the brain cells. Quality is better than quantity and your posts are always interesting. Also blogging is supposed to be fun

Kate Hardy said...

Kate's absolutely right. WIP first, blog later.

I use blogging as a kind of warmup... but I guess it's easier for me as I'm writing contemporary romances. (Having said that, if I'm in historian mode, I tend to blog about my nonfic stuff...)